15 Years Seareq - 15 Years Safety and Rescue Equipment
How an idea is turned into a company's philosophy
At the beginning of this century Karl Hansmann, grad. eng. and enthusiastic diver developed an Electronic Rescue System to spot divers on the surface who became swept away by currents. He called it ENOS according to the German product description "elektronisches Notruf- und Ortungssystem" = Electronic Alert and Locating System.
Meanwhile ENOS-System is worldwide in application on dive boats since 2005. Since years the slogan "ENOS on board" is a powerful marketing tool. Once divers see that safety has high priority for the operator it makes choice of dive boat easier for divers due to the out-standning safety onboard.
But Karl Hansmann didn't stop there: According to the name affix "Safety and Rescue Equipment" further dive gear were added to the product range, all items with that certain extra safety.
- American Rescue Divers were part of the team while the Seareq BCD SEARCH TCB-25 was developed. It provides features which are worldwide unique.
- "Little Red Diving Hood" is a product range of neoprene head wear providing high visibility for divers, snorkellers, wind- & kitesurfers: hoods in 7 and 3 mm, forehead-band and a mask strap (2 mm).
- Seareq's smallest item is the SOLAS-Reflector DIVETY, which can be fitted to the corrugated tube of the BCD in one grip (or to another item of the dive equipment).
- Razor sharp are the Cutting Tools made of BETA-Titanium - and not only "normal" Titanium. That's why Seareq announce: "BETA is better!"
- Roll it up and put it in the pocket, the "Spiral Snorkel" LOOPEL. No dives without snorkel - easy to handle with the "LOOPEL".
- Seareq is able to improve even just a simple SMB" SIBO.1 is worldwide the 1st SMB providing a pouch at its top to fix an ENOS-Beacon. Alternatively a flashlight can be placed here.
- Seareq doesn't provide outstanding safety not for divers only: The Man-Over-Board-Operating-System MOBOS is world's unique MOB-System (Man-Over-Board-System) which does not interfere GMDSS (int'l sea radio communication) and which is allowed to use on inland waters!
While Seareq did enlarge its product range the team also enlarge the range of electronic rescue gear. Depending on the customer's boat Seareq-Receivers are available als permanent installation in captain's bridge or as a fixed installed station showing the alerts on a Tablet PC with Seareq App ... as well as tailor-made solutions according to the clients' needs.
Trade show "boat-show" 2018 is the 1st chance in the New Year to watch Seareq and its outstanding products.